Friday 10 July 2015

My Skin Care Favourites

I am finally coming to the end of my most beloved cleanser, Liz Earle cleanse and polish. I worked out that I have been using this product since I was 18,19 years old and I still love it. I occasionally stray to other cleansers, but its not long before I am lured back by its soothing green colour bottle and the rosemary,eucalyptus scent. The cleanse and polish has been a great cleanser for me, its soothing to the skin, yet it still packs a punch in removing the dirt and grime build up of the day. I then spritz my face with the Liz Earle Instant boost skin tonic and the smell of geranium just gives you that lift to start your day and quenches my thirsty skin. On top of that I smooth on Olay Total effects 7 in 1 moisturiser and serum. I like this at the moment, as I would say my skin is combination, but after cleansing it can feel a little tight, and I can have some dry patches, so, I normally have a serum and then moisturise as doing that delivers the needs for my skin. I am always sceptical of two in one products, but with this I was pleasantly surprised that it actually does a good job for a two in one product. It has a nice smooth consistency and absorbed quickly into my skin. It also has a SPF 20 which is a great added bonus.

For night time I like to double cleanse, as being a make up artist you do tend to make your make up last till the evening, so when I remove my make up at night I need something that will 'remove it'.  I really feel this is an important step to really give your skin the chance to breath and repair adequately over night. I use my cleanse and polish to lift my make up and any grime over the day, then go over with my Garnier cleansing miscellar water to remove any last traces, (I did a separate review on this, link to review) and then comes the good stuff. I am a big fan of oil moisturiser, especially for night time use. The oil can deeply penetrate levels of the skin and give it much needed TLC through the night. I was first introduced to Tropic Skincare brand from a friend, who had become a brand ambassador for the company, and she seemed very excited about the products, I knew then it had to be good. These products are made up of natural ingredients and plant extracts, so I decided to try Organic Facial Elixir Oil Rosehip and Moringa. The smell alone as you smooth and massage this golden coloured oil over your face, neck and décolletage, ( I also like to rub on the back of my hands as well),  just lulls you into a relaxing state and that you are ready for bed. The oil contains organic Kiwi seeds which is highly moisturising, and it can heal cracked skin, eczema and psoriasis, which is perfect for me, as I can suffer with dry skin and sometimes have a break out of eczema. The Moringa oil contained in the product helps to penetrates deep into the skin and the Rosehip oil is a fatty acid, which aids skin cell rejuvenation and repair. When I apply the oil, I notice that my skin is noticeably firmer and supple, and it has a glow about it. It absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. Rosehip oil is such an understated oil, it has so much going for it and provides so much goodness for the skin. Any product that contains Rosehip oil is worth a go.

Once or twice a week I would use Tropic Face Smooth Brightening Polish (my friend, who I mentioned earlier gave this to me) is a smooth, yet grainy pale yellow gloop. The smell of the product instantly awakens you with its heady scent of sweet oranges and zesty lemon. As I rub this in circular motions over my face and neck, it feels so smooth and you can feel just flecks of organic rice flour and sugar cane. Once I rinsed my face, it feels noticeably smoother, and my pores smaller. Over the next few weeks the redness disappeared from around my nose and my skin felt plumper.

I have been very impressed with both of these products and would recommend to anyone to try Tropics Skincare range, anything that can boast only using natural ingredients and plants extracts and delivers such great results, deserves a fair chance.

So, there you go, my round up of my current skin care routine. Have you tried any of these products? Have you tried Liz Earle or Tropic Skincare range at all? I would love to hear from you, and if you have liked any other skincare from their ranges.


Love Nay x


Disclaimer- I have not been paid to mention any of the above products, I just like to share.

4 comments:

  1. I have been so tempted on so many occasions to try the Liz Earle cleanser but I never know whether it will actually live up to the hype!! Thanks for your take on it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I promise you wont be disappointed, if you do take the plunge! x

      Delete
  2. These sound like really impressive products, I love switching up my skin care routine!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post. Put them on your list for your next purchase, you wont regret it. x

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog xx