Friday 3 July 2015

June Daily Make up favourites

Its that time of the month already, and I can certainly say June has been an incredible month. I decided to share with you all, my two go-to make up looks that I have been wearing, all of June. The Look I have been emulating, is two make up looks, one a blown out purple/taupe eye, with my new love, Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 08. I bought this about 18 months ago and decided pretty quickly that it just washed me out, because my hair was a copper colour at the time, then fast forward to now, hair change to bronde (hairdresser term for mixture of blonde and brunette hair colour) and now I have rekindled my love for it, and it is now firmly placed in my hand bag. The second look is a bronzy/goldy/brown eye, same technique, rounding out the eye, and I teamed this with Nars Cruella lip pencil (my review) which is a perfect tone to go with my bronzed eye look.

 I have re-visited some oldies this month to renew my love for them. The first is Illamasqua Skin Base foundation. My attention had been diverted away from this foundation, and it was only when I cleaned out my kit, I realized how much I had missed it. This foundation is a medium coverage, but is definitely build-able. I like how it covers imperfections, but still looks like 'skin' giving you that fresh faced look. My second product is Mac Strobe cream. I had thought I had lost this, as when my youngest son was about 8 months old he had a taken a shine to it, and evidently it went missing, until now! I found it in a pair of old shoes and was overjoyed to have found it again. I use this under my foundation to give a radiant glow to the skin. With the new term 'Strobing' which is really highlighting given a new name, I have found using this also on those chosen areas is keeping my make up fresh and up to date. I have to admit my brow routine has not changed though. I am still using my old faithful Anastasia Beverley Hill Dipbrow in medium brown with Maybelline Brow Drama, as I am yet to find anything different that has caught my eye. (brow routine)

My concealer though has been another rediscovery. I am a slave to my blue/black circles under my eyes and as I have got older (and they have got worse since having children) I have become well mastered in the process of camouflaging them. The Mac Pro conceal and correct palette has been my trusty friend on many a job, but I have never used it on myself, as I have always liked Bobbi brown correcter in the shade Peach, but recently I forgot to pack it, so had to revert to my Mac pro palette and oh joy of joys, its amazing! I mean I know it is amazing, because I use it on my clients and see fantastic results, but I had just got stuck in a rut with using my old faithful. To contour and highlight, I have been using another Anastasia Beverly Hill product, their Contour Kit (link to product review) and to add a bit more radiance to the skin, Mac cream colour base in Hush added on the top of the cheeks. Its a pretty peachy, gold cream and just gleams on the cheeks ( I also have a review on this product). Also on the cheeks just to add even more glow, I have been using Nars Cult Classic Orgasm blush, a peachy pink with golden shimmer. It beautifully blends onto the skin, which is very in keeping with both my chosen looks.

left-right Mac Teddy eye pencil, Mac Woodwinked, Mac Espresso, Maybelline color tattoo 24hr on and on Bronze, Nars Cruella
For my eyes to achieve my bronze/goldy/brown look, Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr On and On Bronze (I have a review on both Maybelline  Color Tatto 24hr) on the mobile lid blending up into the crease, then packing over that, Mac woodwinked eye shadow, which is a pretty warm antiqued gold and it just melts onto the lid. Then into the socket line blending upwards Mac Espresso, which is a muted gold brown to give that blown out look that I really like at the moment. I have been then putting Mac Teddy eye pencil (sorry this is a little Mac heavy) which is an intense bronze along the lash line and blending that out to really make the lashes stand out. For my purple/taupe look, I popped on Maybelline Color Tatto 24hr in Permanent Taupe on the mobile lid, and then I put in the crease, Mac Blackberry, a burgundy-plum brown with Mac Haux, which is a soft rosey brown blending that up wards to add warmth to the eye. To finish both my looks off, I have been wearing Eldora hand made, real hair false lashes, H151. They are so pretty, fluttery lashes with a invisible band which is perfect if you are not wearing a full liner.

Left-Right Mac Teddy eye pencil, Maybelline Color tatto 24hr Permanent taupe, Mac Haux, Mac Blackberry, Rimmel Kate Moss 08 Lipstick


So there you go, these are my June Make up favourites. What products have you tried? What have been your Make up favourites? Also, if anyone could tell me of any brow products they are loving at the moment, I would love to hear from you.

Love Nay x


Disclaimer- I have not been paid for any of the products mentioned above, I just like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xx