Saturday 25 July 2015

May Favourites

Its that time of the month where I blab on about things I have been enjoying in the month of May. So here we go!.
 My first beauty product I have been loving, is the Botantics Radiance Balm from Boots. Its very creamy and luxurious, and your skin feels like silk when applied. It acts as a brightener to the skin. I put this on after I have cleansed and moisturised, but before I put any make up on. It has the plant Hibiscus in it which is natures own brightness booster with a slight pink hue to it. I have been using this for about 8 weeks now and I love how it gives such a natural glow to the skin and just adds that extra va va voom to how your make up looks.

My next product is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream. As we are approaching the summer months I wanted to wear something lighter on my skin than foundation. This is the answer. It has the three main colour corrective every girl needs. Apricot for anti-fatigue, Green for anti-redness and White for anti-dark spots. It covers really well, but it still gives that 'skin like' appearance. The bonus is, it also has SPF 15 in it, which is a great start in protecting your skin every day. With this great product broke my old faithful concealer out, Select Cover-Up Concealer by MAC. This one is an oldie, but a goody.  I find this concealer is light and creamy, great for under the eyes, but will also cover any blemishes, scarring, and redness. BUT, this is a big but, beware!. Work quickly, blending this bad boy in as it dries in seconds and once it has, it can look cakey and gives that dragging effect when trying to blend out. Together, with the cc cream its a marriage made. Also for the face, I have been using Nars Illuminator in Copacabana. Well what can I say, but oo la la, Mr Francois Nars has done it again! It is the most creamy, blendable, beautiful gleam to the skin. This is not for the fainthearted and if you are looking for a gleam that even NASA can see from their space station this is the ONE.
Nars Illuminator in copacabana
 Staying with the face, the last two products, Maybelline The Eraser Eye. Not much to say about this. Its o.k, for under the eyes its light, creamy blends o.k. But im not bowled over by it. I am quite demanding when it comes to a concealer and this is....o.k. So not a favourite, but I would not rule it out if you were thinking of giving it a try. On the cheeks I have pulled out a favourite from last year, my Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for lips and cheek in the shade Calypso Coral. Beautiful bright peach, blends beautifully and can be sheered out to not such an intense colour. Great for lips and cheeks. On my eyelids I have been going for a grunge look, just because I have been super busy and its the quickest eye make up technique to do in a hurry. I have been wearing NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Knight. Its a khaki green colour with gold flecks in it and I have blending this out with a little bronzer all around the eye and BAM! you are good to go. Last but not least, is the Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 03. Its a caramel, pinky, nude tone lipstick.  Not a massive fan of the smell, but can live with it for the price of these lipsticks.
Top-NYX Knight Jumbo Pencil Middle-Bobbi Brown Calypso Coral Bottom-Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick 03
Onto nails now, I have been loving the Barry M Quick Dry Nail Polishes. My collection is growing at a steady pace and I like the colour pay off and they last a while using a base coat. I have found that not to use a topcoat with these as they chip more, but when I did not use it, they just faded at the tips. Colours I have are TL-Pitstop, TR- Full Throttle, BL-Eat my dust, BR-Need for speed.

Lulu Guinness Continental wallet croco print leather in mink
This is my little moment where you were in the right place at the right time. I was in TK Maxx where I was picking up a Grobag for my 17 month old and I spotted the above out of the corner my eye. A  lulu guinness continental wallet croco print leather in mink. I got an amazing discount which makes me love it even more. My last favourite for this month and sadly I have needed to wear this more than I have wanted to for May, my bright yellow rain mack from Primark. It has rained so much in Lancashire, GB which is not normal for this time of year, so I was glad of this purchase.


So there are my favourites for May. What have you been loving this month? Is there any products or items of clothing that you might think I would like to try? I would love to hear from you.

Love Nay x


Disclaimer- I have not been paid to advertise any products mentioned above, I just like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xx