Wednesday 20 May 2015

All about the pleats

I recently went on a shoping trip with my friend to Manchester city center. Upon returning, it came to my attention that I had purchased at least two items that were pleated. I had not realized at the time, but I have a soft spot for pleats. I think they are very feminine and also how forgiving they are on a slightly less svelte figure.

My first pleated piece is a beautiful simple red dress from Zara, which does not look much from the front, but when you turn your back it reveals all its pleated glory. I teamed this with my Nude sandal heels from New look. I think this dress is perfect for a date night with your loved one.

My second piece is a Lemon pleated round neck top from Primark. I put this with Boyfriend Jeans and a neutral fendora hat which are also both from Primark. To complete the look with Nude sandal heels from New look, same as above.

My final look is a old piece from Miss Selfridge a pretty Gold pleated skirt which I bought in Liverpool last summer. I love this with a simple black scoop neck top, black boots both from New look. A three tiered gold necklace and black bowler hat both from Topshop, and the black leather jacket is vintage (this is the oldest thing in my wardrobe,! I bought this when I was 18 years old on a trip to New York).




So there you go, my three looks all with something pleated. Do you like pleats? Have you any pieces that you will be wearing this summer that are pleated? Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.

Love Nay x


Disclaimer: I have not been paid by any products mentioned above, I just like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xx