Wednesday 29 April 2015

Contour Game Strong-My favourite Bronzers and Highlighters Part 1

 I felt it was time to spring clean. No, not my house, my make up collection of course!. Since I became a make up artist two years ago, my collection of products to use on my clients have grown at a steady pace. I do so love though when seasons change, to bring out some much loved yet forgotten products which have being lying dormant

Contouring is really taking centre stage with the drugstore (budget brands) the likes of Sleek make up and Barry M Cosmetics coming on board, they are really set to give the likes of  Nars, Anastasia Beverley Hills and Benefit a run for their money. I've
put together my 4 favourites in contour brands.


Contour powders (Bronzers)

Benefit Hoola - It's a great colour for fair skin. It is a cool tone brown, which means that there is no red tone to the product which makes it look more natural. Also its completely matt which helps with the whole natural look. It does come with a snazzy little brush and a mirror in the compact, Result!


Nars Laguna - A cult beauty bronzer in the make up world, is for me a little on the warm side. Being fair skinned I only tend to reach for this product on the rare occasion that I have a tan, as it only complements the tone of my skin otherwise it can look a little orange, saying that it does give a nice subtle glow to the skin which instantly gives me a pick me up. The case is beautiful and has a nice mirror which you never feel ashamed to bring out to check your make up in public.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit-  I purchased this last year on Cult Beauty and was a little surprised when receiving it through the post, how small it is, saying that I still love it!. It has three highlighters and three bronzers. The first highlighter Vanilla is matt and creamy in colour and the other is Sand which has  a more shimmery effect, both are pretty and natural looking but nothing knock out, apart from the 'yellow one' Banana!! It reminds me of Ben Nye's Banana powder and if you pop this on to set under your under eye concealer, it really brightens up any remnants of a 'late night.'

The bronzers vary in colour from a beautiful cool toned brown, called Fawn, which is similar to Benefits Hoola in tone, great for fair skins that are struggling for that tan goddess look. Java has quite a orangey tone to it, which looks stunning on a warmer colour skin, as would the colour Havana which is more a red toned brown, also good for the darker skin but maybe not if you are dark but have alot of ash tone to your skin.


Illamsqua Cream Pigment in the colour Hollow is a cream bronzers in a cool toned brown which is perfect for fair skin. Its creamy and is really easy to blend, and you can build on the colour to
intensify the contour, but be warned, this can look a little 'dirty' if not blended enough. It is also water resistant which is brilliant to wear in the hot weather to come.


So there you are, four of my favourite bronzers. I am sorry they are all high end products but I have yet to find any drugstore/budget contour or highlighter that is as good as these. If anyone could let me know of any that you have tried please let me know, I would love to hear from you.

Don't forget to check back next week for my four favourite highlighters.

Love Nay x


Disclaimer- I have not been paid by any of the brands mentioned, I just like to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xx