Tuesday 10 March 2015

Maybelline color tattoo 24hr cream eyeshadow

I could be forgiven for missing this little gem of a eyeshadow, when it first landed here in the U.K back in April 2012. We had just gone through the most stressful house move. We moved from a modern fully decorated three bedroom maisonette, to a three bedroom 1930's semi with no hot water, no heating and was generally in need of a full renovation. It still had the old wash room round the back with its sloping floor. I was half expecting to find in there an old mangle and bucket to boot!

I first heard of the *Maybelline Color tattoo 24hr cream shadows when I read fleur de force blog about them back in January 2012, she had recently been to America and had picked up a few shades of the eye shadow from there. With everything that was going on at home, the whole hype about them passed me by..... until I watched Tanya Burr's drugstore haul on YouTube recently and was intrigued to give them a whirl.

I decided to stay safe, and went with the colour "On And On Bronze". It is a pretty golden bronze colour which would accentuate any eye colour. The consistency is smooth and blends easily with your finger or a synthetic brush.They claim to be smudge, crease free, and last for 24 hours. Why would anyone like to keep their make up on for that long, I don’t know, and if we are all to follow the holy grail of beauty and ALWAYS remove make up before you go to bed, keeping it on for that long is just bad practice in my eyes!  On a normal busy day I would apply my make up at 8am and would be removing say 11p.m. On checking, I can confirm it had stayed in place, but there was a little creasing in the socket area. For nearly 14 hours of wear, the said product really could possibly last for 24 hours! 

It got me thinking though that if it can stay on that long on the eyes, where else could you possibly use it?. I went out and bought the colour "permanent taupe" on recommendation from a fellow subscriber on Pixiwoo Make up dupes or drugstore alternatives who said she used it to fill in her brows. upon trying it, it really is perfect to use on the brows too and has the right amount of ash tone to it. A product that has a dual purpose I think deserves to be bought at only £4.99 in Boots or Superdrug.

In my opinion, these shadows are similar to MAC paint pots, not only in terms of how they blended out and colour pay-off, but also its staying power. I like to put this on as a base and then layer with a powder shadow to intensify and give the shadow a different dimension.





I tried out two different looks with this product (pictures above) Golden Goddess and a 90's Grunge. In both pictures I used the product on my eye lids and brows.

So with spring here (really!!) why not treat yourself to some pretty pastels to really kick start this season off.

I hope you enjoyed reading this little blog, if you have found any "forgotten gems" let me know.

Love Nay x


*Disclaimer- I have not been paid to advertise this product, I just like to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xx